Worried your child is falling behind?
Get learning back on track with a Teachers On Reserve Learning Pod.
TOR has been providing teachers to California’s private and charter schools and their parents since 1987. Our decades of experience make us creative and resourceful enough to make every teaching day count. This fall, our large pool of experienced educators stand ready to help you and your child(ren) form a truly effective learning group.
Our teachers are not just tutors, they are experienced classroom teachers who can follow, administer and create lesson plans when necessary. Additionally, they understand the social component of teaching. TOR Teachers will work with, supplement, and enhance the online work your school provides.
Whether your child needs an in-person or online teacher – 5 days a week, every other day, or 4 hours at a time – we can help.
Our rates per teacher per hour vary from $40-$50 an hour depending on the location and how many children are in your Learning Pod. We also have a 4-hour minimum per day.
If you can afford a teacher to work one-on-one with your child, that’s great!
If not, another option is to form a Learning Pod (aka Pandemic Pod). A Learning Pod is a group of 2-8 students (usually friends or acquaintances) from the same grade level, using the same curriculum and learning together with an in-person or online teacher. The parents of the Learning Pod each contribute a certain amount per child to pay for TOR’s services. When meeting in person, our teacher and your students gather at a Learning Pod member’s home each day for instruction. The pod can rotate houses or stay at a single site (recommended for continuity).
Our teachers can work with the curriculum provided by your child’s school or work with you to find a suitable curriculum. Most curricula can be purchased at a very reasonable price.
Q: Why should I trust Teachers On Reserve?
A: Because schools throughout California have been relying on us to save the day for the last 33 years.
Teachers On Reserve…
- Invented the private California teacher pool
- Has the largest pool of subs in California
- Has filled 1,000,000+ teaching assignments since 1987
- Hires thoroughly vetted teacher EMPLOYEES – we don’t misclassify them as “independent contractors” (illegal in CA)
When engaging TOR teachers, you can rest assured that they have been:
- Interviewed thoughtfully
- Vetted thoroughly
- Live scanned (fingerprinted) by the CA Department of Justice (DOJ) AND the FBI – this is a very important distinction. The CA DOJ only looks at criminal offenses committed in California. The FBI provides this information for the other 40 states. A person could have committed a violent crime or one against children in a state outside of CA but if you do not get FBI clearance, you will not be made aware of that fact.
Trained in TOR Policies
- COVID-19 Prevention
- Sexual harassment prevention
- Live scanned (fingerprinted) by the CA Department of Justice AND the FBI
We’ll consult with you on which approach will suit you best.
It’s all about choice…
Choose your format:
- Online instruction
- In-person, in-home instruction
Choose your structure:
Your Learning Pod
- Just your kids
- A small group of students with like-minded parents
Choose the hours:
- Part time – supplemental to your school’s distance learning
- Full-time – implementing a full curriculum provided by you and/or your school
You simply pay a weekly fee by credit card and we take care of the rest. TOR pays for all the other expenses associated with an employee such as workers’ comp, liability & unemployment insurances and benefits, including CA mandated sick leave.
If you would like TOR’s help finding a Learning Pod teacher, please fill out our no obligation registration form
. Once we receive your registration, we will contact you to discuss your options including the cost, next steps and timeline.
If you have any questions about TOR or Learning Pods, please REGISTER HERE
or call Diane Ventura at 800-457-1899 ext. 6.
We’ll help find the right solution for you.